Monday, April 14, 2008

Catching up again

You can skip the story and go straight to the pictures.

What a wonderful weekend we have had. First the weather was absolutely fabulous and the girls were really fun to be with. They played together, got in trouble together and generally were in great spirits. Hat tip to grandma for taking them on Thursday night. Although we were headed to a party, The Mom got sick and so she just stayed at home and relaxed. I also have started work on "Operation Chemical Green". It is my goal to fix up the landscaping and have the front of the house look nice. Curb appeal if you will.

I got a new lens for my camera. Sigma 30mm for Nikon. Sweet! Just learning to use it and how to play with the focus features.

Telephoto lens is excellent as well; really enjoying the expansion of what it brings.

Today is our 8th wedding anniversary. We have been so busy and our lives so hectic that we (mom and dad) postponed our celebration for another time. (OK, when Grandma has another free night!) The girls and I did a cake and balloons and flowers for mom so she would know she was special. It is hard to imagine, 2 years ago we were in Changsha, China eating pizza and waiting to board a plane to GZ but that is another story.

PS: I also recycled a tomato cage to make a clothes pin basket to hang on the clothes line. I like the warm weather be/c I can hang the clothes out on the line. They smell so nice and have that homely feel to them. Little extra work but I enjoy it.