Saturday, November 1, 2008

It was a true sugar high

Halloween is finally over (the link takes you to the Flickr picture set) and we cannot be any more happier. Granted, I was the promoter for most of the hype and YES, I / we have had to pay for that. Last night after our sojourn around the neighborhood in search of friends, ghost and goblins, we made it home. It was here, while waiting to hand out candy to trick or treaters we reached the creshendo of sugar.


Might I also point out that I am being sorely punished again on Saturday. Today the weather is RAIN, all day RAIN. We cannot go outside, we cannot use activity of running, doing chores, being outdoors to help flush the sugar from their little bodies. No, we are stuck inside. And might I offer this one simple prayer, "Thank God for DVDs or we would be sunk!" It is not so bad, we did get out for some post-halloween shopping at our favorite store, Target. Found some great deals on clothing for the girls. Listen, fashion for these girls takes a backseat to $4 per item clothes. Fashion is saved for Land's End. (Note, Land's End is never $4 per item).

And just to show that I still have what it takes from my first adventure to college. (My first adventure to college I was the social director of a Men's Fraternity. Not necessarily a skill set you carry into gainful employment; at least not for me. But give me a bathtub and pure grain alcohol, I can have one humdinger of a punch going. Fast forward 30 years and mix in some children and the whole bathtub and alcohol gets lost on chicken dinosaurs and hot chocolate.)

This is the picture from last year's party. If you can make out, there are 38 children in the picture. What you do not see is 38 sets of parents standing behind me getting their holiday picture. But we did it, 38 smiling children all posing at one time. This year, I am in charge of the location and God knows what else. But I am looking forward to it. The date is Dec 6th from 4:30P to 7:30P, potluck style. More to come on that.

For Thanksgiving, looks like we are going over the river and through the woods to Aunt Janet and Aunt MB's house. Since it is quite a distance to drive we will be staying over a couple of nights. This time I will check the battery in my camera before we leave. And the beauty of this trip; after Thanksgiving dinner, I am going to slip into a triptophanic coma while watching the Dallas Cowboys play football and not have to worry about the girls. The reason why, Cousin Amy and Cousin Kelly will be there the first night, then Cousin Aaron will come the second night. The only downfall is we will be housing up in the mountains of Santa Cruz and will miss out on the 4A shoping extravaganza that Mom likes to do on the Friday after!