Sunday, June 29, 2008

Sometimes things do work out

Here we are rounding the corner on another weekend and gettin ready to ramp up for a Monday. Yeah, jumping feet first into the rat race; a necessary evil since we like living and eating indoors. Besides, the project list just took a big addition. HOUSE PAINT.

But I want to take a minute and pat myself on the back. Yesterday the girls and I went to the local farmer's market and bought some lingonberries. Mom really likes them and they have a unique taste to them. Mom has to work both days this week be/c her boss is a butt and went on vacation and left her with the problems. She is not someone to let them sit, so we are being supportive. This morning I got up while everyone slept and made a Lingonberry compote and for her breakfast, spooned it over a warm crousaunt. And it came out just like i envisioned. Now I have to write down my recipe and try it again. I wonder what blueberries would be like.

Oh well, back to reality after a moment's bask in the sun of accomplishment.