Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Catching Up - May 20th

What a whirlwind month it has been. Not sure which way is up or down sometimes. To get it out of the way; here are the pictures. I was sick for 4 weeks total. Ended up missing 4 days of work and it was not any fun. Ended up with a rescue inhaler. When I got to thinking about I wondered, bronco-dialator, meaning, I can't breath. Wait, I am not ready to kick the big bucket of life. (If I seem a bit dramatic for this it is because 1) I am not a good patient and 2) I hate being sick and I seldom am!) Lucky for us the girls didn't get it but Mom has got something pretty close and she is fighting it pretty hard.
Been playing around with my new camera lens. I received a fisheye macro lens. Not exactly what I wanted but it is fun to goof around with. I need to save my pennies; HA HA, like anyone with kids will tell you, we don't have any money. And I have already used the line with my wife to say, "wouldn't you want to preserve every moment of their life"? She bought it the first time so for the time being I will have to make do. I like the shadowing effect on this picture to give her that Fred Flintstone shave line.
My dad came to town for a visit. The girls just went nuts that Grandpa was here. The discover and repeated about 12,000 times that they have 3 grandpas and only 1 grandma. He was invited to do everything that they were doing; swing, color and play ladybugs. Although he wasn't necessarily interested in handling snails with them, he was a trooper and watched The Barbie Nutcracker movie.

On Saturday we made it down to Berkeley to fly kites with some of our friends whose daughters are also from Yiyang SWI. Now you would think we would know better; having both lived in the Bay Area. Mom moreso than dad be/c she grew up in the Bay. Right down the street from where we were flying kites. When we left home it was getting to be 100 degrees. We tell ourselves it is supposed to be warm in the Bay Area. We left our sweaters at home. Guess what, it wasn't. Athough it was a beautiful day, it was also 65 degrees and the wind was blowing about 15 - 20 mph. And we froze our buttinski's off. Here is everyone wrapped in the ground blanket we brought to sit on. (Again, more pictures here!)We did get our picture for our calendar and we did meet some really great friends that we have not met before. Looking forward to doing it again.

Afterwards, we made our way over to Aunt K's house for a late birthday party. In this lot of family, if you are over 4' tall, your birthday comes celebrated in chunks with others. It worked out ok. Sunday we just played around the house and tried to relax from our busy day on Saturday. And Grandpa had to go home as well.


PS: on the way home from work today, guess what I could have used? Another 3 feet!

And that is why we have insurance!